Kindness. It warms the heart. It brings joy to the soul. Puts a huge smile on all our faces. We could use and do more kind gestures and spread it around us. This brings us to the World Kindness Week which is February 14th-20th, 2022.
The purpose of Random Acts of Kindness Day is to bring forth good deeds in the community, focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness that binds us. It is also to try and make kindness a norm to our everyday living.
When we hear about World Kindness Day, there is this thought that things need to be grand and big but kindness are the little things that we do for bigger things to happen. All of us can contribute in being kind and most of it is free. The only thing we need is an open heart. Here are some simple things that we can do.
- Compliment at least 5 people. Let that be sincere and authentic
- Let the person in line behind you go ahead of you.
- Leave happy, positive affirmation notes around town.
- Text, better yet, call someone that you have not spoken to in a very long time
- Treat a friend or a stranger to a cup of coffee.
- Help an elderly neighbor take out the trash or mow their lawn
- Help the homeless. Buy them food or drink.
- A simple hello and a smile. You’ll never know who might need it at that moment.
- Give your seat on a bus or train to someone else that needs it
- Offer to help someone to carry their groceries. (or pay their groceries, who knows?)
Also Visit Random Acts of Kindness Week 2022 here for more information and their calendar of events.
We hope you feel great when you listen to this playlist by randomacts.com and it makes you want to do good!! Sounds of Kindness. Click here
Those aren't the be all and end all to doing kindness. It can be endless. This is just to trigger your hearts and mind. So what do you think you can do to be kind today and everyday. Sound off in the comment section below. Maybe we can help inspire each other to be more kind and empathetic in our daily lives.