Hello there, wonderful CreaTees.
This week we will be talking about types of bullying.
Bullying can be defined roughly by 4 different categories.
1. Physical bullying.
Physical bullying includes hitting, kicking, tripping, pinching and pushing or damaging property.
2. Verbal bullying.
Verbal bullying includes name calling, insults, teasing, intimidation, homophobic or racist remarks, or verbal abuse.
3. Relational bullying/Social and emotional bullying.
This type of bullying is actually more of a challenge to recognize. It is mostly carried out behind the bullied person's back. It is designed to do great to harm the social reputation and/or cause humiliation of the person bullied. Relational bullying includes:
- lying and spreading rumors
- negative facial or physical gestures, menacing or contemptuous looks
- playing nasty jokes to embarrass and humiliate
- mimicking unkindly
- encouraging others to socially exclude someone
- damaging someone's social reputation or social acceptance.
Cyberbullying is an overt (obvious) or covert ( hidden) bullying behaviours using digital technologies, including hardware such as computers and smartphones and software such as social media, instant messaging, texts, websites and other. This can happen at any time. It can be in public or in private and only known to the target and the person bullying. It includes:
- Abusive or hurtful texts emails or posts, images or videos
- Deliberately excluding others online
- Nasty gossip or rumors
- Imitating others online or sign their log-in.
Till next time. Love and kindness. Spread that around.